ABC of Collecting, a series of articles by Richard Pitnick, is essential reading for photographers, photo collectors and anyone else who is interested in photography and its history. The series includes:
- The Emergence of Photography as Collectible Art
- Assembling a Photography Collection
- How to Buy Fine Art Photography
- Evaluating a Black and White Photograph: The Print
- Evaluating a Photograph: Artist, Rarity, Age & Provenance
- The Display and Preservation of Black and White Photographs
B&W Magazine, the original publisher of the articles, gave FiftyCrows permission to post them on their website. Thanks to the author, the magazine and FiftyCrows for creating and distributing one of the best series of articles on photography I've read.
They're free – and they're priceless.